Tuesday 30 October 2007

Mnemonics

I've noticed that many of my labels (the little words at the bottom of each post - I know you knew, but still...) have only been used once. This seems a very uneconomical practice, so I thought I'd try to boost the numbers of a few by reviving a mnemonics exercise I was taught many years ago. It goes like this. If you want to remember something you should associate it with something else in as kinetic, colourful and, if possible, obscene a way as possible.

Now I'm not going to do this for you. I'm simply going to give you the pairs of words and let you do the associating. Here goes (and I'll start with an easy one):

Borghezio - buttplug
Larry Craig - body snatchers
bars - pottery
circumcision - Paris Hilton
Ratzinger - very dark cave
fatwa - eucharist
heritage - dementia
Rupert Everett - soap

I'll be testing you in the weeks to come. Don't let me down.

3 comments:

Ms Baroque said...

Charles, these are great. I doubt I could come up with anything as good as "circumcision - Paris Hilton." It even sounds good. I will try to master this...

Erin O'Brien said...

Charles.

Things really go downhill fast around here without me watching Every. Single. Minute.

Sheesh.

Now come visit Larry Craig over at my place.

Charles Lambert said...

Ms Baroque - What I'd really like to know is what gets done with bars-pottery. I find the less I have to work with the dirtier it gets.

Erin - It's good to know someone is keeping an eye on me. So long as it's not the kind of eye that hangs around public restrooms in a meaningful way.